Click to enter the meeting page
About ProjectProject name: Binary Systems of South and North (BSN-Project)
Selecting binary systems:
- W UMa binary system type.
- Range greater than 0.2 magnitudes (easier for inexperienced observers to record useful data)
- Period less than 0.4 day (so full the light curve can be recorded in a few nights)
- Brighter than V magnitude 13 at minimum.
- Observing in more than 2 filters. Especially V and B bands.
- Select systems whose light curves have not yet been studied or have been studied in the far years ago.
- Times of Minimum to refine period (VSS already has a project on southern eclipsing binaries with this aim, results published annually).
- Full light curves in one or more filters for light curve modelling.
- O-C diagram to look for apsidal motion, period change, third bodies, etc. (this would require repeated observations over many years).
- Understudied or newly discovered eclipsing binaries (surveys such as ASAS, ASAS-SN, SWASP, etc. have discovered many EB’s that should be observed to confirm the type, period, etc.).
- Publishing one or more joint papers.
The project founders
- Atila Poro
- Mark G. Blackford
- Edwin Budding
- Atila Poro (Astronomy Department of the Raderon AI Lab., Canada)
- Mark G. Blackford (Variable Stars South, Congarinni Observatory, Australia)
- Edwin Budding (Carter Observatory, New Zealand)
- Fahri Alicavus (Çanakkale Onsekiz Mart University, Türkiye)
- Raul Michel Murillo (Observatorio Astronomico Nacional, UNAM, Mexico)
- Mehmet Tanriver (Erciyes University, Türkiye)
- Eduardo Fernandez Lajus (Universidad Nacional de La Plata, Argentina)
- Filip Walter (Variable Star and Exoplanet Section of Czech Astronomical Society, Czech Republic)
- Sabrina Baudart (Société Astronomique de France, France)
- Laurent Corp (Garden Observatory and Société Astronomique de France, France)
- Ehsan Paki (Tehran, Iran)
- Ahmet BULUT (Çanakkale Onsekiz Mart University, Türkiye)
- Ahmet KESKİN (Erciyes University, Türkiye)
- Alessandro Marchini (University of Siena, Italy)
- Jean François coliac (OABAC Binaries Observatory and Société Astronomique de France, France)
- František Lomoz (Variable Star and Exoplanet Section of Czech Astronomical Society, Czech Republic)
- Yasemin Aladağ (University of Çukurova, Türkiye)
- Poro, A., Alicavus, F., Fernández-Lajús, E., Davoudi, F., MirshafieKhozani, P., Blackford, M.G., Budding, E., Jalalabadi, B.Z., Rahimi, J. and Farahani, F.A., 2020. BVRI Photometric Observations, Light Curve Solutions and Orbital Period Analysis of BF Pav. Research in Astronomy and Astrophysics, Vol. 21 No. 8. DOI: 10.1088/1674-4527/21/8/203
- Poro, A., Blackford, M.G., Davoudi, F., Mohandes, A., Madani, M., Rezaei, S. and Bozorgzadeh, E., 2021. The New Ephemeris and Light Curve Analysis of V870 Ara by the Ground-Based and TESS Data. Open Astronomy, 30(1), pp.37-44. DOI: 10.1515/astro-2021-0004
- Rahimi, J., Lashgari, E., Ghanbarzadehchaleshtori, M., Boudesh, A., Davoudi, F., Farahani, A., Walter, F., Hladík, B., Nosal, P. and Poro, A., 2021. The first light curve solutions and period study of two contact binary systems: V1370 Tau and QQ Boo. New Astronomy, 84, p.101499. DOI: 10.1016/j.newast.2020.101499
- Poro, A., Davoudi, F., Alicavus, F., Khakpash, S., Esmer, E.M., Basturk, O., Lashgari, E., Rahimi, J., Aladag, Y., Aksaker, N. and Boudesh, A., 2021. The first light curve solutions and Period study of BQ Ari. Astronomy Letters, 47(6), pp.402-410. DOI: 10.1134/S1063773721060050
- Poro, A., Zamanpour, S., Hashemi, M., Aladağ, Y., Aksaker, N., Rezaei, S. and Solmaz, A., 2021. BO Ari Light Curve Analysis using Ground-Based and TESS Data. New Astronomy, 86, p.101571. DOI: 10.1016/j.newast.2021.101571
- Poro, A., Blackford, M.G., Salehian, S.R., Jahangiri, E., Dastjerdi, M.S., Gozarandi, M., Karimi, R., Madayen, T., Bakhshi, E. and Hedayati, F., 2022. The First Photometric Study of AH Mic Contact Binary System. Research in Astronomy and Astrophysics. DOI: 10.1088/1674-4527/ac6417
- A. Poro, E. Paki, M. G. Blackford, F. Davoudi, Y. Aladag, S. Zamanpour, S. Sarabi, A. Halavati, N. Aksaker, H. Bagis, J. Rahimi, H. Guilani, A. Akyuz, F. Jahediparizi, O. Doner, Z. Ashrafzadeh, 2022. The Photometric Study of Six W UMa Systems and Investigation of the Mass–Radius Relations for Contact Binary Stars. Publications of the Astronomical Society of the Pacific. DOI: 10.1088/1538-3873/ac71cd
- TANRIVER, M., Poro, A., BULUT, A., KESKiN, A. and Blackford, M.G., 2023. The First Multiband Photometric Light Curve Solutions of the V Gru Binary System from the Southern Hemisphere. Research in Astronomy and Astrophysics. DOI: 10.1088/1674-4527/acc506